Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mobile Series 8: A Walk in The Park



The silver lining to the Great Drought is that there are few things more beautiful than a warm winter day in coastal California, particularly after one of our infrequent rains such as this weekend.



After wandering the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park on Tuesday afternoon during one of its infrequent Free Days...



...I passed by the backside of the California Academy of Sciences...



...a modernist building that seems to be aging beautifully.



Across the plaza at the deYoung Art Museum, there is a huge show featuring the preposterously overrated Keith Haring in a political mode...



...which I avoided, stopping instead to view a few Wayne Thiebaud paintings off the main lobby...



...before riding an elevator to the top of the tower where I took photos of tourists taking photos of the view.



It was such a strikingly gorgeous day...



...I walked to the coastline...



...at Ocean Beach.



The gentleman above was jabbering into his mobile device while seemingly recording the sunset...



...and the couple above was ignoring everything except for their physical workout and digital metrics.

3 comments:

Hattie said...

I love days like that and I love Thiebald. And I miss Playland at the Beach.
Is that the Camera Obscura? It was magic,I thought,when I saw it as a girl.

Civic Center said...

Yes, that is the Camera Obscura...

Rachel said...

Oh yes! Love the art in the lobby of the De Young, esp. the Thibaud.

Also, the Janet Delaney exhibit is great.

Tower, too.

This series always makes me smile...